Want to learn more about creating peaceful communities?
- Choose Democracy: https://choosedemocracy.us/
- Hold the Line Guide: https://holdthelineguide.com/
- Hold the Line Commitments: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y07Umh2xsoExWSje7RobVdbDmMkC5lluBUUlT2sLSJk/edit#bookmark=id.u27a90sckbuu
- 10 Ways Nonprofits Can Act: https://www.newprofit.org/go/11-actions-nonprofit-leaders-can-take-to-support-our-democracy-and-their-constituents/
- Election Defenders: https://www.mobilize.us/thefrontline/event/321224/
- Protect the Results: https://protecttheresults.com/
- Nonviolence News’ recommended tactics: https://mailchi.mp/nonviolencenews.org/nonviolence-news-oct-seven
- When Emptying The Streets Is Smarter Than Filling Them: https://wagingnonviolence.org/metta/2020/02/when-emptying-the-streets-is-safer-than-filling-them/
- Democracy Defense Around The World: https://youtu.be/__ekOrJNV0M
- Pace e Bene is keeping an updated list of our recommended resources: https://paceebene.org/election-action
- Nonviolent De-escalation with Meta Peace Teams: https://paceebene.org/events/2020/10/27/nonviolent-tools-for-everyday-people-to-de-escalate-tensions
Alternative Community Security Brief- Examples of existing and potential initiatives toward comprehensive, systemic transformation of community protection. [July 2020]
Wielding Nonviolence in the Midst of Violence– Four case studies of unarmed civilian protection in South Sudan, Colombia, Philippines, and Palestine.
“Will You Really Protect us Without a Gun: Unarmed Civilian Peacekeeping in the U.S.,” by Eli McCarthy in Journal for Peace and Justice Studies, v.22 no.2 (2013), 29-48.
The Interrupters – A powerful documentary about the work of Cure Violence in Chicago.
The Center for Nonviolent Communication – Provides resources for practicing NVC, which it defines as the natural state of compassion when no violence is present in one’s heart and allows one to authentically connect with other people.
Help Increase the Peace Project (HIPP) – An experiential, participatory program developed by the American Friends Service Committee to address interpersonal violence and prejudice for all people, with a focus on youth.
Training for Change – Provides training & increased capacity for groups standing up for peace through strategic nonviolence.
Conflict Transformation– Summary by John Paul Lederach
Waging Nonviolence – A comprehensive source news, analysis and original reporting about nonviolent activism, as well as for discussion of the theory behind it.